Was this helpful?
AOL (also known as America Online) is a major web portal that many people use for its electronic mail services. The portal’s user-friendly interface makes it very easy to change or reset your passwords. What’s more, updating your AOL password in the Passwarden application is equally simple.
All these topics are covered in our in-depth guide.
1. Log in to your AOL account using your current password.
2. Click on the “Head and Shoulders” icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Go to the Account Security submenu on the left side of the page
4. Scroll down till you see the Password box. Click on Change Password.
5. You now see a reCAPTCHA box asking to prove that you are not a robot. To do this, click the mouse on the small square on the left and then press Continue after this button has turned deep blue.
6. Now you are asked to create a new password. AOL automatically assesses whether it is strong enough or not. To create a truly unbreakable symbol sequence please use our in-depth guide. Click Continue when you have finished.
Congratulations! Now you know how to change your password on the AOL website and mail service.
1. Go to aol.com and click the Login/Join button at the top-right corner of the screen
2. Click on the Forgot username? option on the following screen.
3. Enter your sign-in electronic mail address or mobile phone number. Only use the first part of the email, e.g. if your AOL mail is “[email protected]” type in “user”. Click on Continue.
4. Now you need to decide whether to have a verification code sent to your electronic mail or mobile/cell phone. Click on the option that suits you best.
5. If you have chosen the electronic mail option you get two alternatives: you can either click on the secure link in the body of the email or type in the code you’ve received. Click on Enter verification code if you decided on the second alternative.
6. Enter the code (ABCDEFGH in the screenshot below is an example, not a real code) and click on Verify.
7. Now you have to create a new password for your account. Make sure that it is strong enough. Click on Continue.
Job is done! Easy, isn’t it? As it has already been said, it is always a good idea to consult our detailed guide on how to create truly strong passwords.
Note: Update your password in Passwarden only after you’ve successfully done the same task on the AOL website.
You can easily randomize your new AOL password: to do this click on the icon to the right of the Password field and follow simple instructions.
Well done: you’ve successfully updated your AOL password!
To learn more about Passwarden and/or ask a question, please write to our customer support via [email protected]. We will be glad to give you any help you may need.
To ensure that your data is impossible to be read by anyone except you, Passwarden employs both the highly reliable EC p-384 protocol for public-key cryptography and the military-grade AES 256-bit encryption. Your privacy is taken great care of!
When you use your Duress Password instead of the Master one, Passwarden gets a signal that you access your storage, not of your own free will. Consequently, your most important data (choose it beforehand) remains unrevealed.
Data you send via electronic mail and messengers can be intercepted; Passwarden offers you a much safer way of sharing your passwords. Create a Shared Vault, invite a new member, and there you are.
Truly strong passwords are composed of random symbols, digits, and both lower- and upper-case letters. Delegate their creation to Passwarden: with the click of a mouse, it will generate a reliable secret sequence of the required length and save it to the encrypted data storage. Forget about memorizing these complicated combinations: the Autofill feature will fill them out automatically.
To make sure you get the most effective protection possible, Passwarden employs two-factor authentication. It means that even if a perpetrator gets to know your password, they still won’t be able to sign in to your account.
When you use one of your devices to create or change any information in your secure Vault, all your other devices are immediately synchronized with this new data version.
Use Passwarden to store, change and share data in three categories:
Didn’t find the category you need? There is a fourth option: store any confidential text information using Security notes.
Passwarden by KeepSolid is an ideal application for storing your passwords and sensitive data!
Was this helpful?