Many tend to use lock screen passwords that are extremely easy to guess. A Face ID or Touch ID are a good security check but a weak passcode may be a security flaw. Whenever Face or Touch ID aren’t identified or when you recharge your phone and start it up you should enter your lock screen password before you can enable biometric security.
An easily guessable passcode is a weak spot that may let others gain access to your phone and everything you have on it, including bank accounts, emails, chats, and other private info. So, if your lock screen password is something like 1111, 1234, or the like, make sure to change it as soon as possible. See how to do it below.
1. Open your iPhone Settings.
2. Scroll down to Face ID & Passcode and tap on it.
If you have an older iPhone or iPad with Touch ID, find the option Touch ID & Passcode.
3. Enter your current passcode when prompted.
4. Navigate to Change Passcode.
5. Enter your current passcode again.
6. You’ll then be prompted to set your new passcode. Before you enter it, you can tap on the Passcode Options button. There, you can choose between the following options:
7. Enter your new lock screen password and verify it. If they match, the new password will be saved automatically. Next time, use your new lock screen password to unlock your phone.
As far as you’ve created a strong lock screen password, you need to keep it somewhere safe. Password manager Passwarden is a perfect solution. It is available for all major platforms, so even if you can’t remember the lock screen password to your iPhone, you can retrieve your password from the Passwarden app on any other device.
With Passwarden, you can also generate a secure password in just a few clicks, so you don’t have to wrack your brains coming up with a strong password combination by yourself.
1. Go to your phone’s Settings.
2. Navigate to the option Lock screen.
In case you can’t find Lock screen, check out the support site of your phone manufacturer for help.
3. Scroll down to Passwords & security.
4. On the Passwords & security screen, select the option Screen lock.
5. Enter your current pin or password.
6. Choose pin or password option and follow the on-screen instructions to set a new secure screen lock for your Android device.
Once done, add the new lock screen password to Passwarden.
1. Sign in to your Passwarden app.
2. To create a new item, press the button at the top of the screen and choose the necessary item, for example, Login.
3. Type the Title like Lock Screen Password or Passcode.
4. Fill out the Password field and tap Save.
That’s it! Your Lock Screen Password is now in Passwarden’s secure vault.
Generate a reliable lock screen password, store it in Passwarden’s encrypted vault, and access it whenever you need it!