This guide provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to manage the Master password - a password from your Passwarden account. Keep reading and learn how to change this password and what you should do if you forget your Master password.
1. Sign in to your Passwarden account and go to the Settings tab.
2. Tap Change Master Password in the Account section.
3. Enter your current Master password. Then set up and confirm your new Master password. Tap Save.
4. On the next screen, you can see your new Recovery Key. Make sure to save it and tap Close.
Note: In case you forget your Master password, you’ll need this Recovery Key to sign in your Passwarden account.
That’s it! Now you can sign in your account using your new Master password.
Passwarden implements the client-side encryption, thus we don’t have access to your sensitive data, including your Master password. That’s why our customer support couldn’t help you to recover your Master password.
To reset your Master password, you should use the Recovery Kit. There are two ways to recover your Master password using this kit: with the Recovery key or using the Recovery code. Let’s check both of them.
The Recovery key is a unique one-time code that lets you set a new Master password.
1. Login using your KeepSolid ID and tap Sign In with Recovery Key.
2. Paste your Recovery Key from the Recovery Kit.
3. Enter your new Master password. Confirm it and tap Next.
4. Here is your new Recovery Key. Save it to the secure place in case you forget your Master password once more.
The Recovery code is a QR code for setting a new Master password.
1. Login using your KeepSolid ID. Then open your Recovery Kit and scan the QR-code.
2. Create and confirm your new Master password. Tap Next.
3. It is your new Recovery Key. Make sure to save it. In case you forget your Master password once more, you’ll need this Recovery Key to restore it.
If you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our customer support team at [email protected]. We’re glad to assist you!