Was this helpful?
Originally, if you wanted to change your YouTube password, this could be quite simply done via YouTube settings. But some time ago Google bought the popular video-sharing platform YouTube, so YouTube now uses the same password as your Gmail, Google Docs, and other products on your Google account.
Thus, to change your YouTube password, you need to change the passcode of the Google account, to which the YouTube account is connected. In this guide, we’ll show you how to change your password via the YouTube website. Read on and find out:
1. As it was mentioned above, to change your YouTube password, you need to change the password of your Google account. You can start this process via the YouTube website. For this, click on your profile picture at the top right.
2. Choose the Manage your Google Account option from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. You’ll be redirected to the Google account management page, which includes numerous settings and reports about your Google account. What you need to do is to find the Security option on the left side of the page and click on it.
4. On the Security page, navigate to the Password section and click on it.
5. Enter your passcode and click Next.
6. Enter a new password for your Google account, which will also be used as your YouTube password. Confirm your new passcode and press Change password.
Make sure your new passcode meets all security requirements and includes both lower- and uppercase letters, digits, symbols, and is at least 8 characters long. You can generate a strong password with the Passwarden app in just a few clicks.
That’s it! Now your YouTube password is changed.
Can’t remember your YouTube password and want to recover it? Follow the steps described below:
1. On the Google login page, enter your account email and when asked for the passcode, click the Forgot password? button.
2. You’ll be directed to the Account recovery page, where you need to enter the last password you remember using with this Google Account. Enter it and click Next.
If you can’t remember any of your recent passwords, press the button Try another way. A password reset code will be sent to your recovery email or phone number connected to this account.
Enter the 6-digit code to verify it’s you. Once done, you’ll be able to change the password of your Google account, and by extension, your YouTube password, too.
Explore a secure and convenient way of storing and managing all your passwords, logins, account credentials, and other sensitive information!
For security reasons, it’s important to create a strong password for your Google and YouTube accounts, as well as for other accounts. A reliable passcode should be unique and complex enough and combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special symbols.
Passwarden lets you create a super-strong passcode in just a few clicks. Here’s how to generate a random strong password in the Passwarden app:
1. Log in to your Passwarden account and choose the relevant item or create a new one.
2. In the Password field, click the Generate Password button.
3. Set the necessary parameters and the desired password length and press Use Password.
4. Press Save.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer support team via [email protected]. We’ll be glad to assist you anytime you need it!
This mode allows you to hide your most sensitive information if you are forced to open your Passwarden account under duress. Enter a special duress password and all data you previously marked as highly confidential would be hidden.
Our team implements only proven security measures and state-of-art algorithms. All data stored in the Passwarden is scrambled using the AES-256 and ЕС р-384 protocols. Thanks to these protocols and client-side encryption, no one (except you) can access your data.
As it was mentioned before, Passwarden is a part of the MonoDefense® security bundle. This bundle combines the benefits of a password manager, VPN, malware blocker, and content unblocker apps to provide you with an ultimate security combo.
Create a strong YouTube passcode with the Passwarden app and use our encrypted storage to securely save it.
Was this helpful?