Originally, if you wanted to change your YouTube password, this could be quite simply done via YouTube settings. But some time ago Google bought the popular video-sharing platform YouTube, so YouTube now uses the same password as your Gmail, Google Docs, and other products on your Google account.
Thus, to change your YouTube password, you need to change the password of the Google account, to which the YouTube account is connected. In this guide, we’ll show you how to change your password via the YouTube website. Read on and find out:
3. You’ll be redirected to the Google account management page, which includes numerous settings and reports about your Google account. What you need to do is to find the option Security on the left side of the page and click on it.
4. On the Security page, navigate to Password and click on it.
5. Enter your password and click Next.
6. Enter a new password for your Google account, which will also be used as your YouTube password. Confirm your new password and press Change password.
Make sure your new password meets all security requirements and includes both lower- and uppercase letters, digits, symbols, and is at least 8 characters long. You can generate a strong password with the Passwarden app in just a few clicks.
That’s it! Your YouTube password has now been changed.
Can’t remember your YouTube password and want to recover it? Follow the few steps below:
2. You’ll be directed to the Account recovery page, where you need to enter the last password you remember using with this Google Account. Enter it and click Next.
If you can’t remember any of your recent passwords, press the button Try another way. A password reset code will be sent to your recovery email or phone number connected to this account. Enter the 6-digit code to verify it’s you. Once done, you’ll be able to change the password of your Google account, and by extension, your YouTube password, too.
For security reasons, it’s crucial that you create a strong password for your Google and YouTube account. A reliable password should be unique and complex enough and combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special symbols.
Passwarden lets you create a super-strong password in just a few clicks. Here’s how to do it:
3. Set the necessary parameters and the desired password length and press Use Password.
4. Press Save.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer support team via [email protected]. We’ll be glad to assist you!
Create a strong YouTube password with the Passwarden app and use our encrypted storage to securely save it.