If you want to add an extra layer of security to your KeepSolid ID, this manual is exactly for you. This guide contains a step-by-step instruction on how to enable two-factor authentication in your KeepSolid User Office. Let’s check it out!
Note: After turning on 2FA, our system will automatically log out your account on all your devices. From that moment, you’ll also need to pass two-factor authentication when logging in to your account.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1. Navigate to the KeepSolid User Office and log in using your KeepSolid ID.
2. Go to My Account by tapping your KeepSolid ID.
3. Then, choose Two-Factor Authentication.
4. In a new Two-Factor Authentication window, you can turn on 2FA. You can do it with an authenticator app or code by email, or you can use both these types.
Choosing this type of 2FA, you also have to download an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator) on your mobile device.
1. Turn on the Authenticator App option.
2. Now you need to verify your KeepSolid ID with the 8-digit code sent to your email. For this, copy the sent code from your email, paste it to the Verify Your Account field, and click Verify.
3. After that, you’ll see the QR code.
4. Now, install an Authenticator App on your device, run this app, and scan the QR code from your KeepSolid User Office by tapping the Scan barcode button (Google Authenticator was used as an example).
5. You’ll see a generated six-digit authentication code.
6. Click Next on the QR code screen, enter the authentication code you see in your Authenticator app and click Confirm.
7. Make sure to save your back-up codes that you get in the new window. To do that, press Download.
Note: Keep these back-up codes somewhere safe, as you may need them to log in to your account in case you lose access to your 2FA credentials.
8. In case you used all your back-up codes or lost them, simply click the Regenerate button.
Note: If you click the Regenerate button, all your previous codes will be automatically deactivated.
Great! You’ve finished linking the Authenticator App to your KeepSolid ID. From now on, you have to enter a six-digit authentication code from your Authenticator App when signing in to your account on a new device.
1. Turn on the Code by Email option.
2. You’ll receive the Authentication Code to your email. Copy this code, paste it to the Enter Authentication Code field, and click Verify.
That’s it! You’ve finished linking your email to your KeepSolid ID. From now on, you have to enter a six-digit authentication code sent to your email when signing in to your account on a new device.
|macOS||iOS||Android||Windows (Standalone)||Windows (Store)||Linux||Web|
|VPN Unlimited||7.6 or earlier||7.4 or earlier||7.7 or earlier||7.4 or earlier||7.5 or earlier||7.0 or earlier||-|
|SmartDNS||1.9 or earlier||1.8 or earlier||1.6 or earlier||-||1.5 or earlier||-||-|
|Private Browser||-||3.2 or earlier||3.0 or earlier||-||-||-||-|
|KeepSolid Sign||7.6 or earlier||7.4 or earlier||7.7 or earlier||7.5 or earlier||-||-||All versions
Using any of these?
For users with Social Login: You must create your KeepSolid ID password before enabling two-factor authentication.
For all other users: If 2FA is already enabled, depending on the chosen second factor, enter the below combinations in the password field to access your account:
|Type of 2FA||Password combination|
|Authenticator App||Password of your KeepSolid ID + type &ga + code from the authenticator app.For example: keepsolidpassword&ga875943|
|Code by Email||Password of your KeepSolid ID + type &em + code you get via email. For example: keepsolidpassword&em875943|
|Backup Code||Password of your KeepSolid ID + type &bc + one of backup codes you saved when enabled 2FA. For example: keepsolidpassword&bc875943|
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact our customer support via [email protected]. We’ll gladly assist you 24/7/365!
Passwarden is the best way to keep your data safe. However, adding two-factor authentication would be great to guarantee 100% protection!