Was this helpful?
One of the most popular threats and serious vulnerabilities – is not related at all to software or applications, but rather human beings and our habits: password reuse.
Password reuse is a problem when people have to remember complicated passwords for every single service they use. But, let’s be honest, we usually use the same password on multiple accounts, apps, and even social networks. It’s true, we are not machines and it’s hard to remember dozens or even hundreds of characters combinations for every account.
But the deal is related to cybersecurity. And protecting your online credentials is just as important as keeping your documents or funds in a safe place. Let’s check out this manual to learn more about using the same password for multiple accounts, password reuse statistics, and learn how to avoid password reuse and keep your sensitive data protected.
1. Firstly, download Passwarden on the device you use. Passwarden supports a large number of platforms. The full list of gadgets available can be found here.
2. Then log in to the app using your KeepSolid ID. If you authorize for the first time, create a new KeepSolid ID. Then, create a Master Password.
Note: This is the main password you will use to enter your Passwarden account. Don’t forget to save a Recovery Key. It will help you not to lose access to your items and Vaults and not to become an example of negative password reuse statistics.
3. You can find the Security Dashboard menu on your screen. You can check out all the security statistics of your accounts. Go to this menu and follow the Reused Passwords category.
4. Now you see all the items that require your attention. A message on the top informs that these passwords have to be changed to something unique.
5. You can easily change your password in this window. You are free to create it on your own or use our password generator. You don’t have to remember this combination of characters, our password manager will do it for you. So choose some strong passwords to keep items in security.
Note: To learn more about how to generate strong passwords check out this page.
6. Press Save and don’t forget to change this password in a website or service you use.
7. Excellent! Creating a unique password for each account minimizes the risk of malicious hackers and cybercriminals’ actions.
We are always ready to help or answer your question about cybersecurity or protection means at [email protected]. Our Customer Support team will be ready to communicate 24/7.
Avoid password reuse vulnerabilities and check out the Total Protection Rate of your items in our app. Stay safe!
Using the same password for more than one account is like having one key to unlock every door you use. If a cybercriminal steals or copies the key, every door is vulnerable. In the world of cybersecurity, it can lead to disastrous consequences. Nobody wants to lose access to his online banking, financial services, or entertainment accounts.
If hackers get your password on one site, they will use this information to log in to your other accounts. This procedure will continue until they get your online bank credentials. And according to statistics, without good protection, this chain breach will not take them much time. Every time you reuse a password in any online service, you risk being a chain breach victim.
Passwarden allows you to prevent this. With Security Dashboard all vulnerabilities and weak links can be easily detected and fixed. You will show all the statistics of weak, reused, or compromised passwords you have. Let’s become a strong cell in the system of cybersecurity.
Passwarden allows solving all cyber security issues that may arise during your everyday web surfing.
Was this helpful?