This guide provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to protect your passwords and other valuable information from any third parties even if you are under duress. Learn how to hide passwords from any third parties with our secure password manager and top-notch Duress mode.
Duress mode is a specific configuration of Passwarden, that allows you to hide vaults and protect your sensitive data. To learn more about the Duress mode, check out the Features page.
1. Sign in to the Passwarden application and go to the Settings.
2. Tap Set Up Duress Password at the Duress Mode section.
3. Create and confirm your Duress password. Then tap Next.
Note: The Duress password should be different from your Master password.
4. Choose vaults you want to make visible in the Duress mode and tap Next.
Note: Whatever you use your Master or Duress password to unlock the app, the chosen vaults and all their items will be available for both modes.
5. Configure your biometric unlock settings and go to the next step.
6. On the next screen you’ll see some information about this mode. After you read it, tap Finish and you’ll be automatically logged out.
7. On the next screen, you can see the Recovery Key for your Duress password. Make sure to save it and then tap Close.
To activate a Duress mode, simply unlock the app using your Duress password instead of your normal Master password.
Note: Push notifications will be turned off when the Duress mode is activated.
Whatever you use your Master or Duress password to unlock the app, these vaults and all items added to them will be available for both modes.
If you log in with your Master password, these vaults won’t be available. And vice versa, all vaults created in the normal mode won’t be available in the Duress one.
Great! Now you can easily protect your sensitive data and hide passwords, account details, whatnot even if you are under duress.
If you have any additional questions, comments, or suggestions related to our secure password manager, feel free to contact our customer support at [email protected].