Authenticator knowledge base
How can I strengthen the 2FA?
In our app, you can add extra security to protect your accounts by activating Biometry. To enable biometric authentication, follow the steps below.
In the Tokens folder, click the Advanced tab > Select Face ID or Touch ID (depending on what your device supports).
You will be prompted to Create a PIN Code, confirm it.
Done, the next time when you open the app it will ask for biometrics.
The default setting is an immediate request for biometrics. But you can choose the interval at your own discretion in the tab in the Require tab.
Can I restore the codes that were deleted?
Yes, you can do it! You have the ability to restore deleted codes that are in the trash after any period of time. To do so:
- Go to the Tokens menu by pressing the menu button in the upper left corner.
- Select the Trash tab. You will be taken to the Trash with deleted items.
- Place the cursor on the item you want to restore and hold it down. An additional menu opens.
- Click the Restore button.
Great! The item is restored. You can find it in the general list of tokens.
Note: if the Trash tab has been emptied, the codes cannot be recovered.
How to back up my data?
To back up your data, follow the steps below:
- Start the KeepSolid Authenticator app.
- On the Home screen, find the Menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Go to Menu.
- Select the Settings tab in the opened menu.
- Click Export, and the system menu opens.
- Select the destination where you want to save the file.
Done! The file is saved on your device.
How to prevent loss of codes?
To avoid losing your codes and accounts connected to the Authenticator, you can make a backup and keep them in a safe place. This will help you recover them if you lose them. KS Authenticator has all the features you need to keep your data safe and secure.
How to import items?
To import items, perform the following steps:
You must first export the data from the authenticator by following these steps:
- Open the KeepSolid Authenticator app.
- Select the Settings.
- Find the Еxport data option and select it.
- Specify a location to save the exported file and complete the export process.
Now you're ready to import items, to do this:
- Click Import.
- Choose either Replace or Add (depending on whether you want to replace existing files with the new ones or add the new ones to the existing ones).
- Find and click on the file you exported from the authenticator application.
- You will receive a notification confirming the successful import.
That's it. The tokens from the backup file are added to the list.
How to manage items?
To start managing your items, you need tokens with the services where you set 2FA. Managing your items is more accessible by using folders and sorting them.
This is how you can create folders:
- Create a folder by clicking on the "+" icon next to the "All Items" tab, or you can tap and hold on to the "All Items" tab and select "Add folder".
- Enter your folder name and click the "Add" button.
To move your items to folders, you need to do the following:
- Go to the "All Items" tab.
- Tap and hold on to the required item and select "Move".
- Then select the folder to which you want to move the record and click "Save".
What is an Authenticator App?
The Authenticator app is a mobile application that helps you securely verify your identity, so only you or the people you trust can access TFA-protected apps and data. To start using an Authenticator app you need to enable the Two-Factor Authentication in the app or service you want to protect.
Do I need an Authenticator App?
If you use any application that stores sensitive data, you should be using an authenticator app. It helps you to improve your online security by adding two-factor logins to any accounts you connect to the authenticator. This makes it harder for hackers to access your accounts, so we highly recommend using an authenticator app and two-factor authentication.
How to find the best Authenticator App?
When it comes to authenticator apps, the first aspects to consider should be a user-friendly interface, state-of-art security technologies, multiplatform support, and a variety of built-in features. For example, KeepSolid Authenticator offers:
- TOTP code generator
- QR Code pairing
- Touch ID or Face ID authorization
- Export items and easy backup
- Offline mode
- Convenient onboarding
How to start using the KeepSolid Authenticator app?
To benefit from the KeepSolid Authenticator app you need to:
- Install the KeepSolid Authenticator app on your device from either Google Play or the App Store.
- Then, you need to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for your account. To do this, go to the security settings of the service and find the “Enable Two-Factor Authentication” option.
- After you’ve installed the app and activated the TFA, you can start adding your accounts to KeepSolid Authenticator. To do this, open the app and tap on the “Pair new service” button on the main screen.
- By pressing the Pair New Service, the QR code scan window opens. Scan the QR code you’ve got with KeepSolid Authenticator. Note: In this window, you can also select other options for adding a service: select the code from the device gallery or enter the code manually.
- Now you’ve linked the first service to the Authenticator App. Whenever you need to log in to your account, open the KeepSolid Authenticator app and find the needed account. The app will generate a unique code that you will need to enter along with your password to log in to the service. These codes are valid for 30 seconds only.
How does the Authenticator App work?
When you log in to an account of a service that supports Two-Factor Authentication you can choose KeepSolid Authenticator as a second authentication factor. Our app will generate a secret code that you will need to enter along with your password to log in to the service.
Then the authenticator app and the server perform a real-time crypto operation when you log in to your account. If the results are the same, the secret key will be the same, and you’ll be logged in.
Note that the validity term of this secret code is limited. This minimizes the risks of getting access to your account by third parties
Can I use the Authenticator App in Passwarden or VPN Unlimited with my KeepSolid account?
Sure, you can use KeepSolid Authenticator as an additional security measure with Passwarden and VPN Unlimited. Enable the option Authenticator App in your User Office and follow the instructions.
2. Turn on the 2FA on the account via Require password switch. It is recommended to save the Backup codes.
3. Enable the Authenticator App option switcher.
4. Scan the QR code you’ve got in the pop-up dialog window with the KeepSolid Authenticator app.
5. Click Next on the dialog and enter a 6-digit code generated from the KeepSolid Authenticator app and click Verify.
6. Now you've successfully set 2FA for your KeepSolid account.
Important: As soon as you enable the feature, you will be automatically logged out of your account on all your devices. When logging in, you’ll also need to provide a generated code along with your login and password.
How to make two-factor authentication more secure?
Two-factor authentication combined with an Authenticator app certainly provides you with a high level of security. But sometimes that might not be enough. That is why KeepSolid Authenticator offers a biometric unlock feature. Thus, you will be able to access your tokens only via TouchID or FaceID.
How can I get help if I have some questions?
If you have any questions about the KeepSolid Authenticator app, such as how to use it on a new device or how to add a new service, or if you're having issues with logging in or syncing, please contact our customer support via email at [email protected].
How to set up TFA for my Facebook account?
Before following the steps below ensure that you’ve already downloaded KeepSolid Authenticator on your device. To set up two-factor authentication on Facebook you need to:
- Run the Facebook app or visit the website version.
- Go to the Settings and Privacy menu.
- Navigate to the Security and Login settings.
- Go to Use Two-Factor Authentication and click on Edit. Enter your Facebook password if necessary.
- Tap on Use Authenticator App and scan the QR code with the KeepSolid Authenticator app or enter it manually.
- Now your Facebook account is added to KeepSolid Authenticator. Enter the 6-digit code in the opened window.
- Great! Now the Two-Factor Authentication is on. The service will ask for a verification code generated by KeepSolid Authenticator if they notice a login from an unrecognized device or browser.
How to set up TFA for your Discord account?
Before following the steps below ensure that you’ve already downloaded KeepSolid Authenticator on your device. To set up two-factor authentication for your Discord account you need to:
- Go to the Discord App or the website.
- Access your Discord account by clicking the Open Discord button.
- Click the gear icon that is found in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Go to User Settings and click My Account.
- Navigate to Password and Authentication and click Enable Two-Factor Authentication. When prompted, put in your passcode and click Continue.
- Scan the QR code using the KeepSolid Authenticator app. Discord will be added to the list of services.
- Copy the generated 6-digit and enter it while authorizing in Discord.
How to set up TFA for your PayPal account?
PayPal’s 2-step verification gives you an extra layer of security. Once you activate this feature, you will need to enter a random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. This code can be generated by the KeepSolid Authenticator app. To enable TFA and link your PayPal account with Authenticator follow these instructions.
- Go to PayPal.
- In the top right corner, go to Settings > Security.
- Click Set Up or, if using a mobile browser, the edit icon under 2-step verification.
- You should be able to see a page where you choose either an SMS-based 2FA or an authentication application.
- Choose to use an authenticator app, then click Next.
- Scan the QR code with KeepSolid Authenticator and get a 6-digit code that you must enter in PayPal.
- Select Confirm. You'll see a message saying that "You've successfully added 2-step login to your account".
- To finish setting up, click Done.
How to add PlayStation to Authenticator App?
To set up two-step verification and protect your PS Store account with TFA follow these steps:
- Install KeepSolid Authenticator on your mobile device from Google Play Market or App Store.
- Add a new item from the Main Screen of the app to link the Sony PlayStation account.
- On your PlayStation console, choose the account you want to enable 2FA for, and then go to Settings.
- Select Account Management or Users and Accounts on PlayStation.
- Select Security and then 2-Step Verification.
- Scan a QR code with your KeepSolid Authenticator to connect and get the verification code on your Authenticator App.
- Input this code on your PlayStation and click Verify.
How to set up TFA on my Amazon account?
To set up TFA for your Amazon account follow these steps:
- Log in to your account and go to Security Settings > Account & Lists > Your account on your Amazon profile.
- Select Login & Security and click the Edit button.
- Confirm your identity via an email approval message.
- Click the Please approve or deny option and select “Approve.
- Choose the Authenticator Application method to receive a QR code.
- Go to KeepSolid Authenticator and add the new item from the main screen.
- Scan the QR code from Amazon and proceed to save your Authenticator Entry in the app.
- Once an entry for Amazon has been created, you will be taken to the main screen of your KeepSolid Authenticator, where Amazon will appear with a 6-digit code.
- Enter this 6-digit code on the Amazon app and click Verify OTP.
How to start using Authenticator App with Coinbase?
With KeepSolid Authenticator it is pretty easy to protect your crypto wallet, just follow these steps:
- Download the KeepSolid Authentication app
- Sign in to your Coinbase account.
- Go to the Security Settings section.
- Under Other Options, check the Select button in the Authentication App box.
- Follow the prompts to complete your authenticator setup and get the QR code.
- Run the KeepSolid Authenticator app and scan the QR code to link the Coinbase account with the authenticator app.
- After you’ve added the Coinbase account to the authenticator app, copy the 6-digit code from this app and paste it into Coinbase 2FA settings.
That’s it. Now your digital wallet is protected with TFA.
How to Use Authenticator App on Twitch?
To start using the TFA on your Twitch account follow these steps:
- Download and install the KeepSolid Authenticator.
- Log into your Twitch account, go to Settings > Security and Privacy, and press Set Up Two-Factor Authentication.
- In the new window, press Enable 2FA and enter the mobile number for a device you trust. Press Continue.
- Enter the received seven-digit verification code and press Continue.
- Open the KeepSolid Authenticator app and scan the image with a QR code using your phone's camera.
Great, you’ve protected your Twitch account with TFA, and the next time you log in you will need to provide a 6-digit code from the KeepSolid Authenticator.
How to protect your Runescape account with KeepSolid Authenticator?
To activate the TFA protection of your account and link the Authenticator app ensure that you’ve installed the Keepsolid Authenticator app.
- Log into Runescape and go into your profile settings.
- Make sure you've clicked the option to Enable Authenticator.
- Scan the QR code with Keepsolid Authenticator.
- Type in the 6-digit code that was generated in the Keepsolid Authenticator on your phone.