Important notes before you start changing DNS settings on PS Vita
- To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
- Whenever your IP changes, our service will stop working for you. To avoid this, make sure to update your IP address via your User Office or KeepSolid SmartDNS app.
- The US PS Vita account is a must to install US apps. You can find the US applications in the PS Store via scrolling down to Apps.
- Before you start making any changes on your PS Vita, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
- Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
How to change PS Vita DNS Settings
1. First things first, you have to run your PS Vita.
2. Then go to Settings > Network > WiFi Settings.
3. In the new window, you should choose active Access Point or configure one if necessary.
4. Now go to your active Access Point Settings > click Advanced Settings > then choose DNS Settings > and select Manual.
5. In the DNS server fields, you should enter primary and secondary DNS for PS Vita.
6. Click OK.
7. Then run an Internet Connection Test.
8. Restart your PS Vita.