The process of setting up of DNS for your Nvidia Shield is really easy. However, before you start making any changes, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
Besides, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
1. Firstly, run your Nvidia Shield TV.
2. Now, you should go to Settings from the Home screen.
3. Choose Network.
4. Then choose the network you are connected.
5. In the new window, please go to IP settings.
6. Choose Static.
7. In the appeared fields, you should keep IP address and Gateway the same and change the Network prefix length and DNS fields.
In the Network prefix length field, you should type in 24 and click the Next button.
In the DNS 1 field, you should enter primary SmartDNS IP address for Nvidia Shield (22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199) > click Next.
In the DNS 2 field, you should enter secondary SmartDNS IP address for Nvidia Shield (188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206) > click Next.
Note: You should use the second DNS address as the secondary ones for Nvidia Shield.
10. Restart your Nvidia Shield TV.