Important notes before you start changing DNS settings on Vizio Smart TV
- You need to save your original DNS settings before you start making any changes on your Vizio Smart TV device. You’ll need them in case you want to switch back to the original settings.
- To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
- Whenever your IP changes, our service will stop working for you. To avoid this, make sure to update your IP address via your User Office or KeepSolid SmartDNS app.
- We recommend you to block Google DNS servers (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
Changing Vizio SmartCast DNS
1. Run your Vizio Smart TV.
2. Then press the Menu button on your remote > go to Network > press the OK button.
3. After that, you need to select the Manual Setup icon > press the OK button.
4. Check if the DHCP option is turned on. And in case it is, you need to press the left arrow button on the remote to turn this setting off.
5. Now go to Pref DNS Server and enter the primary SmartDNS IP address for Vizio Smart TV (18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124).
6. Then go down to Pref DNS Server and enter the secondary SmartDNS IP address for Vizio Smart TV (126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52).
Note: You should use the second DNS address as the secondary ones for Vizio Smart TV.
7. Choose Save and press OK on the Vizio remote.
8. Press Exit.