Important notes before you start changing DNS settings on WD TV Live Player
- The DRM chip is a must to access American streaming channels on your WD TV player. Since WD TV players that are sold outside Northern America physically don’t have this chip, changing DNS settings on such non-American WD TV players won’t help you to access American streaming services. You still can setup KeepSolid SmartDNS for your WD TV but if it has been bought outside the US, you still may not be able to enjoy certain content.
- KeepSolid SmartDNS team highly recommends you to save your original DNS settings before you start making any changes on your WD TV Live Player. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to your original DNS settings.
- To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
- Besides, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
How to change DNS settings on WD TV
1. Run your WD TV Live Player.
2. Then choose Settings > Network Settings > Network setup.
3. In the appeared window, you should select Automatic.
4. Now, wait a couple of minutes till your WD TV will receive an IP address and other settings from the router.
5. Then choose Settings > Network Settings > Network setup one more time.
6. In the appeared window, you should select Manual.
7. Find the DNS field and click Enter.
8. In the DNS server field, you should enter DNS for WD TV:
9. Click Submit > Finish > OK.
10. Reboot your WD TV. To do so, please turn off your media streaming device via the power button, wait about 10 sec, and turn it back on.
That’s all! You are ready to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows on your WD TV Live Player. Now you know how to manually change DNS setting for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Rai.TV, ITV, and BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world.
If there are any questions about KeepSolid SmartDNS, you can contact us any time via [email protected]. Our team is available 24/7.