Important Step Before You Start Changing DNS Settings on Xiaomi Mi TV
- This manual is about setting up DNS on Xiaomi MI TV Box China version. If you are the user of any other Xiaomi MI TV Box version, check out our manual about how to change DNS settings on Android TV Box.
- The process of setting up of DNS on your Xiaomi Mi TV Box will take you only a few minutes. But before you start making any changes on your smart TV device, we highly recommend you to save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
- To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
- Besides, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
How to change DNS server on Xiaomi Mi TV Box
- First things first, you should start your Xiaomi Mi TV Box.
- Now you should click on the Settings icon.
- Then click on the WiFi icon > choose WiFi or Ethernet > select the network you are connected to.
- Make sure that Static IP is turned on.
- Now go to DNS server and change it.
- In the appeared window you should enter your primary SmartDNS IP address for Xiaomi Mi TV Box (188.8.131.52 - EU DNS or 184.108.40.206 - US DNS).
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as Primary DNS server for Xiaomi Mi TV Box.
- Now save the changes.
- Last but not least, you should restart your Xiaomi Mi TV Box.