Note: Before you change DNS on Android, it is important to save your existing network settings. They will be required during the DNS setup process and if you decide to revert to your original configurations in the future.
To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
1. Proceed to your Android device Settings.
2. Select Network & internet.
3. Tap Wi-Fi.
4. Press on your current WiFi network name.
5. On the Network details screen, tap Advanced.
6. Write down the following details of your current network, or just take a screenshot:
7. Once you’ve saved your current network details, you can change your Android DNS settings. For this, tap the edit icon in the top bar.
8. Tap Advanced options on the screen that pops up.
9. Navigate to IP settings and select the Static option.
10. Type in the following information:
11. Tap Save.
12. Reboot your Android device.
Before changing DNS settings on your Android 8, make sure to write down your network settings as advised before. Then, follow the steps below:
1. Go to your Android Settings and select Network & Internet.
2. Tap Wi-Fi.
3. Press and hold the required WiFi network until a box appears and tap Modify network.
4. Tap Advanced Options.
5. Navigate to IP settings and choose the Static option.
6. Provide the following information:
7. In the DNS 1 field, enter the address of the selected KeepSolid SmartDNS server. As per the DNS 2, leave the field blank or type in the address of another SmartDNS server.
8. Press Save.
9. Reboot your device.
That’s it! You’ve successfully changed your Android DNS settings. Now you can access geo-blocked websites, unblock US Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services.
Note: Whenever your IP changes, our service will stop working for you. To avoid this, make sure to update your IP address via your User Office or KeepSolid SmartDNS app.
Have questions or need any help configuring KeepSolid SmartDNS? Contact us any time via [email protected], we’ll be glad to assist you!