Established in 2013, KeepSolid has grown into an international conglomeration providing clients worldwide with innovative online security and productivity solutions.
- Vasily Ivanov and Oleg Bocharnikov establish a new software development company Simplex Solutions.
- The first product launched was the Photo Transfer WiFi app that transferred HD photos and videos from iOS devices, laptops, and mobile phones.
- VPN Unlimited was launched on iOS on two servers located in Los Angeles, USA and the Netherlands. In less than one year, the app became a flagship product in the company portfolio. As of 2013, it was among a few VPN’s that limited neither traffic nor bandwidth.
- The same month, Sync Photo to Storage comes to iOS, macOS, and Windows. The app lets users move photos and videos from Camera Roll to desktop wirelessly.
- The Simplex Team of three employees expands to 15 individuals.
- One year after establishment, Simplex Solutions went from servicing twenty customers per day to 4,000 customers in just one year.
- Simplex Solutions products were made available in French, Italian, German, Russian, Japanese, Arab, Korean, Turkish, and Chinese language.
- Company flagship VPN Unlimited on iOS extends its availability to macOS, Windows, Linux, and Android. In 2014, it established 36 servers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and Romania.
- Simplex Solutions signed an agreement with StackSocial to distribute VPN Unlimited through their channels. For a few years, our service has topped their Bestsellers List.
- Private Browser, a new security solution, was launched on iOS.
- Developed and launched five products during its first year of operation.
- We experienced huge changes during Springtime, as the company rebranded from Simplex Solutions to KeepSolid. We revamped our brand identity by designing a new logo and changed our corporate colors to reflect our new corporation. We also changed the roadmap of products we planned to release.
- KeepSolid launched the WiFi Hotspot Protector app. The WiFi Hotspot Protector app was designed to protect all users’ private data with the highest level of security with top edge encryption. While users enjoy secure online surfing in airports, cafes, hotels, and shopping centers. The WiFi Hotspot Protector app works to detect potential threats and notifies you when you are near potential threats in public places.
- As a part of experiment, we released WiFi Hotspot Protector. We didn’t mention VPN neither in its name nor in the description of the app. However, it is a VPN app that automatically activates in any WiFi network.
- VPN Unlimited joined Windows Phone. The service went from 36 to 230 servers in 44 regions all over the world. The app hit 2.5 million downloads!
- KeepSolid developed social initiatives within the company by giving more students in Ukraine practical instruction in IT education. Several companies offered these students work opportunities to gain valuable experience. Since KeepSolid is a product development company, we were happy to help them develop their skills in software development.
- From April 2015 - December 2015, KeepSolid held its first workshop. What started as a company workshop turned into a 6-month internship! At the end of the internship, we offered the best six students jobs at KeepSolid.
- A new VoIP service, KeepSolid Phones, hits our catalogue of solutions for business.
- KeepSolid launched a new product, Roadmap Planner, for product managers and entrepreneurs. The first version of the Roadmap Planner app was created by CEO Vasily Ivanov in just two months! It was launched for macOS and was listed on the Featured List for four weeks.
- Free VPN, a free VPN service as suggested by its name, was released on the App Store. The app had limited functionality though available for absolutely free. We removed it from the store soon as we wanted to put more effort to our flagship service improvement.
- KeepSolid worked on the VPN Unlimited 4.0 update. The 4.0 update was launched in May on iOS. The biggest upgrade featured was KeepSolid Wise protocol. Its purpose is to disguise VPN traffic as HTTPS traffic, which is designed for use in countries where the use of VPN's are blocked. Users from China, the United Arab Emirates, and Turkey were finally able to bypass bans on news sources, social networks, and messengers.
- VPN Unlimited won the Editor’s Choice Award by “PCMag”. VPN Unlimited was regarded for its exceptional speed test performance and advanced features.
- KeepSolid collaborated with FlashRouters to create a product where customers can purchase routers protected with VPN Unlimited. This initiative assured customers their sensitive information, along with the data of their friends who visited them, were secure in the privacy of their own home and office.
- On June 7th, the VPN Unlimited extension for Google Chrome was released.
- KeepSolid launched the VPN Unlimited SDK for third-party developers to implement VPN into their apps. KeepSolid’s SDK protects and encrypts users data and bypasses restrictions imposed by the government or ISP’s.
- We also launched an app for network monitoring, Network Tools, on iOS in June. The app has instantly become a favorite tool for system administrators worldwide.
- Private Browser was launched on Android.
- The VPN Unlimited plug-in for Mozilla Firefox was launched.
- KeepSolid launched its IT school. In 2015, we taught students how to code. The first year of trials and success, we offered free courses for UI and UX designers, software developers, and QA engineers. We also held lectures for sales managers. From over 300 students who applied, 84 students attended KeepSolid’s summer school.
- After four students successfully completed their internship, they started working at KeepSolid.
- We made a decision to suppress KeepSolid Phones due to technical issues. Users had one year to close their accounts.
- As of December 28th, KeepSolid has over 5 million customers worldwide. The number of employees has increased by 2 times.
- Months of our persistent work resulted in a new product, KeepSolid Sign. In July, it launched as a closed beta, available for our most loyal users.
- KeepSolid invited 85 of 500 students, who applied, for an internship in the company. After 2 months, 17 of them were offered to stay with the company full-time.
- As the company grew, we shaped our mission and developed the philosophy of the company. In summer, they were finalized and published on our website https://www.keepsolid.com/about
- We suppressed all works on the Roadmap Planner project and dismissed the team. The board of directors decided to hire a new one and release the totally revamped app in six months.
- KeepSolid Sign comes to the App Store, Mac App Store, and Google Play. It is available for beta testing at absolutely no cost worldwide. The Windows version comes as alpha.
- As of December 2017, the KeepSolid products have over 8 million users worldwide.
- KeepSolid Sign (beta) is conferred with the 2017 Rising Star Award and Great User Experience Award by FinancesOnline.
- KeepSolid Sign sees the world after extensive beta-testing and users feedback collection. The app comes as version 1.0 to Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and web.
- This month KeepSolid also launches a B2B solution, Business VPN by KeepSolid on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. This product is designed to protect corporate data from adversaries.
- Business VPN by KeepSolid wins the 2018 Great User Experience and Rising Star awards.
- KeepSolid released a freemium version of VPN Unlimited, KeepSolid VPN Lite. Initially, the app was available only for mobile devices (iOS and Android) but shortly it was ported on macOS as well.
- KeepSolid launched a free family organizer for iOS called Fammle. It was developed in order to help families all around the world conveniently organize their everyday domestic life.