Established in 2013, KeepSolid has grown into an international conglomeration providing clients worldwide with innovative online security and productivity solutions.
- Vasily Ivanov, Oleg Bocharnikov, and Vasily Diakonov establish a new software development company Simplex Solutions.
- The first product launched was the Photo Transfer WiFi app that transferred HD photos and videos from iOS devices, laptops, and mobile phones.
- VPN Unlimited® is launched on iOS on two servers located in Los Angeles, USA and the Netherlands. In less than one year, the app becomes a flagship product in the company portfolio. As of 2013, it is among a few VPN’s that limited neither traffic nor bandwidth.
- The same month, Sync Photo to Storage comes to iOS, macOS, and Windows. The app lets users move photos and videos from Camera Roll to desktop wirelessly.
- The Simplex Team of three employees expands to 15 individuals.
- One year after establishment, Simplex Solutions goes from servicing twenty customers per day to 4,000 customers in just one year.
- Simplex Solutions products are made available in French, Italian, German, Russian, Japanese, Arab, Korean, Turkish, and Chinese language.
- Company flagship VPN Unlimited® on iOS extends its availability to macOS, Windows, Linux, and Android. In 2014, it establishes 36 servers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and Romania.
- Simplex Solutions signs an agreement with StackSocial to distribute VPN Unlimited® through their channels. For a few years, our service has topped their Bestsellers List.
- Private Browser by KeepSolid, a new security solution, is launched on iOS.
- Developed and launched five products during its first year of operation.
- The company changes its name from Simplex Solutions to KeepSolid. A roadmap of products development was presented in a 3-year plan.
- We experience huge changes during Springtime, as the company rebrandes from Simplex Solutions to KeepSolid. We revamp our brand identity by designing a new logo and change our corporate colors to reflect our new corporation. We also change the roadmap of products we planned to release.
- KeepSolid launched the WiFi Hotspot Protector app. The WiFi Hotspot Protector app was designed to protect all users’ private data with the highest level of security with top edge encryption. While users enjoy secure online surfing in airports, cafes, hotels, and shopping centers. The WiFi Hotspot Protector app works to detect potential threats and notifies you when you are near potential threats in public places.
- As a part of experiment, we released WiFi Hotspot Protector. We didn’t mention VPN neither in its name nor in the description of the app. However, it was a VPN app that automatically activates in any WiFi network.
- VPN Unlimited® joines Windows Phone. The service goes from 36 to 230 servers in 44 regions all over the world. The app hits 2.5 million downloads!
- KeepSolid develops social initiatives within the company by giving more students in Ukraine practical instruction in IT education. Several companies offer these students work opportunities to gain valuable experience. Since KeepSolid is a product development company, we are happy to help them develop their skills in software development.
- From April 2015 - December 2015, KeepSolid held its first workshop. What started as a company workshop turned into a 6-month internship! At the end of the internship, we offered the best six students jobs at KeepSolid.
- A new VoIP service, KeepSolid Phones, hits our catalogue of solutions for business.
- KeepSolid launched a new product, Roadmap Planner, for product managers and entrepreneurs. The first version of the Roadmap Planner app was created by CEO Vasily Ivanov in just two months! It was launched for macOS and was listed on the Featured List for four weeks.
- Free VPN, a free VPN service as suggested by its name, was released on the App Store. The app had limited functionality though available for absolutely free. We removed it from the store soon as we wanted to put more effort to our flagship service improvement.
- KeepSolid first publishes its Transparency Report to inform all their users that all of their data is kept safe and never revealed to the authorities or governments.
- KeepSolid worked on the VPN Unlimited® 4.0 update. The 4.0 update was launched in May on iOS. The biggest upgrade featured was KeepSolid Wise protocol. Its purpose is to disguise VPN traffic as HTTPS traffic, which is designed for use in countries where the use of VPN's are blocked. Users from China, the United Arab Emirates, and Turkey are finally able to bypass bans on news sources, social networks, and messengers.
- VPN Unlimited® wins the Editor’s Choice Award by “PCMag”. VPN Unlimited® is regarded for its exceptional speed test performance and advanced features.
- KeepSolid collaborates with FlashRouters to create a product where customers can purchase routers protected with VPN Unlimited®. This initiative assures customers their sensitive information, along with the data of their friends who visits them, is secure in the privacy of their own home and office.
- On June 7th, the VPN Unlimited® extension for Google Chrome was released.
- KeepSolid launched the VPN Unlimited® SDK for third-party developers to implement VPN into their apps. KeepSolid’s SDK protects and encrypts users’ data and bypasses restrictions imposed by the government or ISP’s.
- We also launched an app for network monitoring, Network Tools, on iOS in June. The app has instantly become a favorite tool for system administrators worldwide.
- KeepSolid Private Browser is launched on Android.
- The VPN Unlimited® plug-in for Mozilla Firefox is launched.
- KeepSolid launches its IT school. In 2015, we taught students how to code. The first year of trials and success, we offered free courses for UI and UX designers, software developers, and QA engineers. We also held lectures for sales managers. From over 300 students who applied, 84 students attended KeepSolid’s summer school.
- After four students successfully completed their internship, they started working at KeepSolid.
- We made a decision to suppress KeepSolid Phones due to technical issues. Users had one year to close their accounts.
- As of December 28th, KeepSolid has over 5 million customers worldwide. The number of employees has increased by 2 times.
- Months of our persistent work resulted in a new product, KeepSolid Sign. In July, it launched as a closed beta, available for our most loyal users.
- KeepSolid invited 85 of 500 students, who applied, for an internship in the company. After 2 months, 17 of them were offered to stay with the company full-time.
- As the company grew, we shape our mission and develop the philosophy of the company. In summer, they were finalized and published on our website https://www.keepsolid.com/about
- We suppressed all works on the Roadmap Planner project and dismissed the team. The board of directors decided to hire a new one and release the totally revamped app in six months.
- KeepSolid Sign comes to the App Store, Mac App Store, and Google Play. It was available for beta testing at absolutely no cost worldwide. The Windows version comes as alpha.
- As of December 2017, the KeepSolid products have over 8 million users worldwide.
- KeepSolid Sign (beta) is conferred with the 2017 Rising Star Award and Great User Experience Award by FinancesOnline.
- KeepSolid Sign sees the world after extensive beta-testing and users feedback collection. The app comes as version 1.0 to Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and web.
- This month KeepSolid also launches a B2B solution, Business VPN by KeepSolid on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. This product is designed to protect corporate data from adversaries.
- Business VPN by KeepSolid wins the 2018 Great User Experience and Rising Star awards.
- KeepSolid releases a freemium version of VPN Unlimited®, KeepSolid VPN Lite. Initially, the app was available only for mobile devices (iOS and Android) but shortly it is ported on macOS as well.
- KeepSolid launches a free family organizer for iOS called Fammle. It is developed in order to help families all around the world conveniently organize their everyday domestic life.
- KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® team adds WireGuard® to our list of VPN protocols (yet for Personal Server and Personal IP users only). WireGuard® is an open-source VPN protocol that uses state-of-the-art cryptography and ensures the most rock-solid data protection and the most lightning-fast connection speed compared to IKEv2 and OpenVPN®.
- 120 of 433 students, who applied, began their studies at KeepSolid Summer Internship 2019. After a month, 5 of them got a job offer and started working at KeepSolid.
- As of July, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® reaches over 17 million satisfied customers all around the world.
- KeepSolid VPN Lite comes to the Windows Store.
- Our team presents our new business brainchild – Goals by KeepSolid (beta). This is a spectacular goal-oriented tool that helps manage business projects from Idea to Result.
- SmartDNS by KeepSolid is launched on iOS and Android. This app offers our clients all over the world DNS servers that allow them to unblock their favorite movies and TV shows with absolutely no speed loss. Our clients can also use our brand-new freedomizer tool without installation and configure DNS settings manually on any device.
- Goals by KeepSolid moves out of beta! The platform is officially released with a more compelling visualization of goals and it no longer requires our users to practice agile project management approach, allowing them to decide if they want to use Sprints or not.
- After 5 months of development and testing phase, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited® implements the next-generation VPN protocol WireGuard® for all our app versions, including iOS, Android, and macOS.
- Hurray! Our team registers a trademark for VPN Unlimited® at the federal level in the United States of America. From December 10, 2019, our brand is officially protected across the United States and the product name appears in the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO) online database.
- VPN Unlimited® hits the benchmark of 25 million users all around the world. With so many customers entrusting their privacy and security to us, we get even more inspired to further improve our services for you.
- Passwarden® is released on all major platforms. It’s a trademark-registered password manager that combines KeepSolid’s signature security features with other useful capabilities. Passwarden® allows our users to store and manage passwords and other personal information in protected Vaults, safely share data with other users, sync info between your devices, generate strong passwords, and much more!
- We launch the MonoDefense bundle. So far it offers two of our security solutions – our renowned VPN Unlimited® and the newest Passwarden®. The former protects users’ internet traffic, privacy, and allows them to get access to elusive web-content and sites. The latter offers secure storage, management, and sharing of your sensitive personal data, including passwords, logins, payment information, etc.
- Great news! We get certified by WIPO. This means that besides the US, our brand is now officially protected across European Union, Canada, and Great Britain, and the product name appears in the Global Brand Database.
- We’re so thrilled! Our team registers a trademark for MonoDefense® at the federal level in the United States of America. From May 11, 2021, the brand name of our ultimate security bundle is available in the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO) online database and is officially protected across the US.
- A complete redesign of the VPN Unlimited app has begun. We’re planning for it to impact all of our major platforms and to significantly improve the experience of our users.
- We also launched a new functionality for Passwarden called Security Dashboard. It offers a host of data security features - from detecting weak or outdated passwords to monitoring the internet (and even the Dark Web) for any hints that your personal information gets leaked or hacked.
- On February 24, Russia launched an all-out invasion of Ukraine. Most of KeepSolid’s employees live in Ukraine, so we expect the war to significantly affect us. Still, we’re planning to support our country and our employees, while also making sure that our users don’t have to suffer from the loss of quality of KeepSolid products.
- Throughout the spring, we launched several promotional events to support the Ukrainian army. For example, we would transfer 30% of all Lifetime VPN Unlimited purchases to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Another initiative of KeepSolid was an event to amass enough purchases to buy a jet plane for our military!
- KeepSolid completed a long-term project of redesigning the UI of the VPN Unlimited app. Now, on all major platforms, you will be presented with a completely revamped, streamlined VPN Unlimited interface!
- We launched a new offer to aid our fellow Ukrainians. Now, anyone who confirms their Ukrainian citizenship with the Diia app can get a 1-year VPN Unlimited and Passwarden subscription free of charge. This offer is valid until Ukraine wins the war!
- A year later, we continued to support our Ukrainian users who confirmed their identity through the Diia app by extending free access to VPN Unlimited and Passwarden for another year, which totalled another $234,720 (UAH 8,560,238). KeepSolid stands with Ukraine!
"WireGuard" is registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.
"OpenVPN" is a registered trademark of OpenVPN Inc.