Important notes before you start changing DNS settings on PS3
- If you want to setup any US application on your PlayStation 3, you need to have the US PSN account. After creating the US PSN account, you should use it with the PlayStation Store, find the app you need, and install it on your device. If you already have the US app downloaded on your PS3, you need to reset settings in this app. In order to do so, please hold down Start and Select while opening the app.
- To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
- One more important note is about your original DNS settings. So, before you start making any changes on your PlayStation 3, we highly recommend you to save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
- Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
How to change DNS on PS3
1. First, you should run your PlayStation 3, go to XrossMediaBar, and click Settings.
2. Then you should choose Network Settings.
3. In the appeared window, please select Internet Connection Settings > click OK.
4. Now you should select Custom.
5. Then there will be the Connection Method window where you should choose the network you are connected - Wireless or Wired.
6. Now scroll right on the controller to DNS Settings and choose Manual.
7. In the DNS server fields, you should enter primary and secondary DNS for PS3:
126.96.36.199 - EU DNS
188.8.131.52 - US DNS
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as Primary DNS server and the second closest server as Secondary ones for PlayStation 3.
8. After entering primary and secondary DNS for PS3, click Update.
9. Then scroll right through the next 3 screens.
10. On the final screen, click Enter to save settings.
11. After that, you will be prompted to Test Connection. To do so click Enter and then the test will be completed, click Cancel.
12. Restart your PlayStation 3.