If you have such a media streaming device like Android TV or Android TV Box, you definitely want to enjoy any video content you like. However, these devices help you to watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer only on the territory of the US or the UK. Unfortunately, the range of available services and video streaming sites vary, as well as the content you can access according to your current location.
But don’t worry! KeepSolid SmartDNS is at your disposal to change DNS settings on Android TV Box and help you unblock any streaming channels you like. So, how to change IP address on Android TV Box? How to setup SmartDNS on Android TV Box? Let’s check it out!
The process of setting up of DNS for your Android TV is really easy. However, before you start making any changes, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
1. First things first, you should start your Android TV Box.
2. Then you should click on the Settings icon.
3. Now select WiFi and choose the network you are connected.
4. After that step, you should select Advanced options.
5. Now select IP settings > Static.
6. Then you have to enter an IP from the same IP range as your router has. In order to do so, you should use your router’s IP but change the last group of numbers. For instance, your router has an IP like 220.127.116.11, you should enter something like 18.104.22.168. At the end of this step, you should click Next.
7. Now you should enter the IP of your router in the Gateway box. Click Next one more time.
8. After that, there will be the Network prefix length field, where you should type in 24 and click the Next button.
9. In the appeared window called DNS 1, you should enter primary SmartDNS IP address for Android TV Box (22.214.171.124 - EU DNS or 126.96.36.199 - US DNS) > click Next.
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server for Android TV Box.
10. In the appeared window called DNS 2, you should enter secondary SmartDNS IP address for Android TV Box (188.8.131.52 - EU DNS or 184.108.40.206 - US DNS) > click Next.
Note: You should use the second closest server as the secondary ones for Android TV Box.
11. Restart your Android TV Box.
That’s all! You’ve successfully configured KeepSolid SmartDNS on your Android TV Box. Now you can freely enjoy US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world.
If you have any questions, you can contact us any time via [email protected]. Our team is available 24/7.