The process of setting up of DNS for your Android TV is really easy. However, before you start making any changes, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
1. First things first, you should start your Android TV Box.
2. Then you should click on the Settings icon.
3. Now select WiFi and choose the network you are connected.
4. After that step, you should select Advanced options.
5. Now select IP settings > Static.
6. Then you have to enter an IP from the same IP range as your router has. In order to do so, you should use your router’s IP but change the last group of numbers. For instance, your router has an IP like 18.104.22.168, you should enter something like 22.214.171.124. At the end of this step, you should click Next.
7. Now you should enter the IP of your router in the Gateway box. Click Next one more time.
8. After that, there will be the Network prefix length field, where you should type in 24 and click the Next button.
9. In the appeared window called DNS 1, you should enter primary SmartDNS IP address for Android TV Box (126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52) > click Next.
10. In the appeared window called DNS 2, you should enter secondary SmartDNS IP address for Android TV Box (184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11) > click Next.
11. Restart your Android TV Box.
That’s all! You’ve successfully configured KeepSolid SmartDNS on your Android TV Box. Now you can freely enjoy US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world.
If you have any questions, you can contact us any time via [email protected]. Our team is available 24/7.