1. First things first, you should sign in to your Asus Router Admin Panel. To do this, you can just type http://192.168.1.1 to the browser address bar. In case if you still can’t access Asus Router Admin Panel, you can also enter http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.2.1
2. Now you should fill in the username and password of your Asus Router > click Login. Check out your manual handbook or your router box for the correct info of your default credentials. Or you can try to enter admin for username and password as your default credentials if you haven’t changed them before.
3. Press WAN.
4. Look for the Connect to a DNS Server Automatically item and set it to NO.
5. In the DNS Server 1 and the DNS Server 2 fields, you should enter the Asus Router primary and secondary DNS servers.
220.127.116.11 - EU DNS
18.104.22.168 - US DNS
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server and the second closest server as the secondary ones for Asus Router.
6. Press Apply.
7. Restart your Asus Router.
1. Log in to your Asus Router > go to LAN that you can find under Advanced Settings.
2. Note down your LAN IP and after that, go to the Route tab.
3. Now you should check Enable Static Routes.
4. In the appeared window, fill in the following fields:
Network/Host IP - 22.214.171.124
Netmask - 255.255.255.255 or 255.255.255.0
Gateway - Your LAN IP
Metric - 2
Interface - LAN
5. When you finish entering the needed info, press ➕ to add your route.
6. After that, you should repeat these steps for your secondary Google DNS (126.96.36.199).
7. When you set up routes, just press Apply.
8. Test your static routes to make sure you’ve blocked Google DNS.
1. Go to Command Prompt on your PC or to Terminal on Mac.
2. Enter ping 188.8.131.52 in the command line > click Enter.
3. Enter ping 184.108.40.206 in the command line > click Enter.
4. If you’ve done everything right, you’ll see the results as either a Timed Out or Destination Host Unreachable error.
Hurray! Now you know how to manually change DNS on Asus Router and how to block Google DNS if necessary. Configure DNS on Asus Router and enjoy Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Rai.TV, BBC iPlayer and many other services from anywhere in the world.
If you have any questions about KeepSolid SmartDNS, please contact our customer support team any time via [email protected]. We are available 24/7.