The process of setting up DNS for Linux, Ubuntu, is really easy. However, before you start making any changes, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
1. First things first, you should click on the Network icon that you can find in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Then choose Settings.
3. Choose Wired or Wireless depending on the type of your connection.
4. Now choose IPv4 via the top menu. In this window, you should select the Name of Your Network > change to Manual DNS > fill in the needed configuration > click Apply.
5. In the first DNS field, you should enter a primary DNS IP address for Linux (Ubuntu) (184.108.40.206 - EU DNS or 220.127.116.11 - US DNS).
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server for Ubuntu.
10. In the second DNS field, you should enter a secondary DNS IP address for Ubuntu (18.104.22.168 - EU DNS or 22.214.171.124 - US DNS).
Note: You should use the second server to your real location as the secondary DNS for Ubuntu.
11. Click Save.
12. Restart your device.
1. Firstly, you should go to Search your computer and online resources.
2. Enter Terminal via the search field.
3. Click on the appeared Terminal icon.
4. In the new window, please enter command sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf
5. In the nameserver fields, you should enter primary and secondary DNS for Linux:
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server and the second closest server as the secondary ones for Linux:
126.96.36.199 - EU DNS
188.8.131.52 - US DNS
6. Press Ctrl+O to save the changes.
7. Press Ctrl+X to exit.
8. Restart your device.
That’s all! You’ve successfully configured KeepSolid SmartDNS on Linux/Ubuntu 18. Now you know how to manually add DNS in Ubuntu and easily access Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Rai.TV, and BBC iPlayer from anywhere in the world. Enjoy any movies and TV shows on Ubuntu now.
If you have any questions, you can contact us any time via [email protected]. Our team is available 24/7.