The process of setting up DNS for Linux, Ubuntu, is really easy. However, before you start making any changes, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
1. First things first, you should click on the Network icon that you can find in the top right corner of your screen.
2. Then choose Settings.
3. Choose Wired or Wireless depending on the type of your connection.
4. Now choose IPv4 via the top menu. In this window, you should select the Name of Your Network > change to Manual DNS > fill in the needed configuration > click Apply.
5. In the first DNS field, you should enter a primary DNS IP address for Linux (Ubuntu) (22.214.171.124 - EU DNS or 126.96.36.199 - US DNS).
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server for Ubuntu.
10. In the second DNS field, you should enter a secondary DNS IP address for Ubuntu (188.8.131.52 - EU DNS or 184.108.40.206 - US DNS).
Note: You should use the second server to your real location as the secondary DNS for Ubuntu.
11. Click Save.
12. Restart your device.
1. Firstly, you should go to Search your computer and online resources.
2. Enter Terminal via the search field.
3. Click on the appeared Terminal icon.
4. In the new window, please enter command sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf
5. In the nameserver fields, you should enter primary and secondary DNS for Linux:
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server and the second closest server as the secondary ones for Linux:
220.127.116.11 - EU DNS
18.104.22.168 - US DNS
6. Press Ctrl+O to save the changes.
7. Press Ctrl+X to exit.
8. Restart your device.