Philips Smart TV is your perfect choice to access the most popular video streaming services. However, the number of available video content varies from country to country. That’s why if you don’t live in the US or some European countries, you won’t access the American Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer and many other sites. Such video streaming services just offer completely different content libraries from one country to another.
But you definitely shouldn’t worry. KeepSolid SmartDNS will help you to watch Hulu on Philips Smart TV. How to change DNS on Philips Smart TV? How to access BBC iPlayer with Philips Smart TV? How to get American Netflix on Philips Smart TV? Let’s check it out! Follow our instructions.
Note: If you use Philips Smart TV based on Android TV or Android TV Box, you should check out this manual.
Important Note Before You Start Changing Philips DNS Server
The process of setting up of DNS for your Philips Smart TV is not too complex. You can easily do it by yourself. However, before you start making any changes via your Philips DNS server, you should save your original DNS settings. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
How to Change Philips DNS Server
- First thing first, you should find out the IP of your router, netmask (subnet), and the IP range of your router. This information is essential for step 6. When you find out this data you can go to step 2.
- To find your router IP on Windows you should go to the Program Command Prompt > enter ipconfig > click Enter. The IP address from the default gateway is the one you need.
- To find your router IP on OS X you should go to System Preferences > then go to Network > select the type of your connection (WiFi or Ethernet) > click Advanced > go to TCP/IP. Now you will see the routers IP.
- Now you should start your Philips Smart TV and press the Home button on your TV remote.
- Then go to Setup.
- Now choose Network Settings.
- After that, you should go to the Network Configuration and set to Static IP.
- Now you should fill in the following fields:
IP address: Here you should fill in an IP from the same IP range as your router has (the needed info from step 1). In order to do so, you should use your router’s IP but change the last group of numbers. For instance, your router has an IP like 291.279.2.2, you should enter something like 291.279.2.222.
Netmask: Fill in this field with the mask of your router’s network (usually - 255.255.255.0 but if it does not work you should consult step 1 for your local info)
Gateway: Field for your router’s real IP address.
DNS 1: You should fill in this field with the primary SmartDNS IP address for Philips Smart TV (18.104.22.168 - EU DNS or 22.214.171.124 - US DNS). Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as Primary DNS server for Philips Smart TV.
DNS 2: Last but certainly not least, you should enter secondary SmartDNS IP address for Philips Smart TV (126.96.36.199 - EU DNS or 188.8.131.52 - US DNS).Note: You should use the second closest server as the secondary ones for Philips Smart TV.
- Restart your Philips Smart TV.
That’s it! You’ve successfully changed Philips DNS server with KeepSolid SmartDNS. Now you can get American Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Sony Crackle, Rai.TV, iTV, and BBC iPlayer on your Philips Smart TV all around the globe.
If you have any questions, you can contact us any time via [email protected].