Important notice before you change Smart TV DNS settings
Before you make any changes, make sure to make a note of your original Samsung Smart TV DNS settings. You will need them when you want to revert to the original settings. You can write them down or take a picture with your smartphone.
- How to change DNS on Samsung Smart TV
- How to change region on Samsung Smart TV
How to change DNS on Samsung Smart TV
It’s very easy! Just follow the few steps below to configure KeepSolid SmartDNS proxy on your Samsung TV:
- Press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Scroll down to Network.
- Choose Network Status.
- Select IP Settings.
- On the IP Settings screen set DNS Settings to Enter Manually.
- Enter the address of the chosen KeepSolid SmartDNS server:
220.127.116.11 - EU DNS or 18.104.22.168 - US DNS
- Press OK.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV.
Note: Whenever your IP changes, our service will stop working for you. To avoid this, make sure to update your IP address via your User Office or KeepSolid SmartDNS app.
That’s it! You’ve successfully changed DNS on Samsung TV using KeepSolid SmartDNS configurations. Now you can unblock US Netflix and other streaming services and binge-watch your favorite shows and series with absolutely no restrictions!
How to change region on Samsung Smart TV
Some apps are only available in certain regions, so to access them you may need to change the region of your Samsung Smart TV.
Note: In some cases changing your Samsung Smart TV region can’t help you unblock all the apps you want. The reason is that certain applications are locked down to the serial number of the TV model. As long as this limitation is based on Smart TV’s hardware, it can’t be overcome.
How to change the region on E Series TV
- Press the Smart Hub button on your remote control.
- Once Smart Hub has loaded, press the following buttons:
», 2, 8, 9, « (fast forward, 2, 8, 9, rewind)
- Select the country you want to switch to under Internet service location. For example, if you want to access the US apps, select the United States.
- Press Next to continue and agree to the Terms.
- Wait for the Smart Hub to restart. It will also download the default apps for your new region, while your old region apps will be removed.
How to switch regions on F, H & HU Series of Samsung TV
In case you have 2 remote controls, use the Smart Remote and follow the steps below:
- Press the Source button and choose TV.
- Open the TV’s menu by pressing the Menu button.
- Scroll down to System.
- Choose Setup. In case Setup is greyed out and you aren’t on the TV source, turn back to step 1.
- Enter your PIN, the default one is '0000'.
- Proceed with the on-screen setup, the same way you did when first launched the TV. Your personal information is retained in this case.
- Press the following sequence of buttons:
Mute - Return - Vol Up - Channel Up - Mute
- Select the region you want to switch to, agree with the Terms and Conditions, and let the setup complete.