Before you start your Xbox One setup
It is important to write down your current Xbox One DNS settings before you switch to our DNS servers. You will need this information in case you want to get back to your original settings later. In case your original configuration was set to “Automatic”, simply switch your Xbox One DNS settings back to “Automatic”.
To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
How to change Xbox One DNS settings
Follow the below simple steps to do your Xbox One setup:
- Navigate to your Xbox One home screen and go to Settings.
- Alternatively, you could use your Xbox One controller – press the Options button.
- On the Settings screen, select Settings.
- Select Network.
- On the Network Settings screen of your Xbox One, choose Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to DNS settings and select Manual.
- In the Primary and Secondary DNS fields, enter the addresses of KeepSolid SmartDNS servers. Here is the list of our DNS servers for Xbox One:
European DNS - 22.214.171.124
US DNS - 126.96.36.199
Note: As the Primary DNS for your Xbox One, we recommend you to use the closest server to your real location, and use the other DNS server as the Secondary DNS.
- After you provide KeepSolid SmartDNS settings, proceed to the next screen and press “B” on your Xbox One controller to save the changes.
Note: There is a known bug on some Xbox One devices, which doesn’t let users save DNS settings, as the Xbox One reverts to 0.0.0.0. It is not possible for us to do anything about this bug. Please contact Xbox One support if you face this issue.
- Once the your Xbox One DNS settings are changed, reboot your device. Just turn it off and turn back on.
Note: Whenever your IP changes, our service will stop working for you. To avoid this, make sure to update your IP address via your User Office or KeepSolid SmartDNS app.