It doesn’t matter if you live in one of these countries or travel where, as KeepSolid SmartDNS is here to cover you. You can’t setup our app directly to your Mac but you can change your macOS DNS configurations manually. This guide contains step-by-step instruction on how to setup our Proxy service on Mac, how to change to American Netflix (or other services) on your Mac. Let’s get to it!
All you need to have to setup our KeepSolid SmartDNS service on your Mac is as follows:
To sign up for KeepSolid SmartDNS account, you should click on the registration form that you see in our header of this page and fill in the form.
1. First, click on the Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Then you should click on Network.
3. Now you should select either Wi-Fi or Ethernet your Mac device is connected and click on the Advanced button on the lower right-side of the screen.
Note: The network you are connected normally has a green icon beside it.
4. Now you should choose DNS on the upper section > click on the existing DNS Server IP > remove it via the ➖ button as shown below.
Note: You will be able to remove our SmartDNS IPs from your Mac in the same way later.
5. Then click on the ➕ button and add SmartDNS IP address. Click on the ➕ button one more time to add the second DNS IP:
22.214.171.124 - EU DNS
126.96.36.199 - US DNS
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as Primary and the second closes server as the Secondary ones.
6. Then click OK.
That’s the final step! Now you should sign in to your KeepSolid SmartDNS account on our website > click My Account > Home and check if your DNS IP addresses are activated. Now restart your Mac device and enjoy any movies and TV shows.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully configured KeepSolid SmartDNS on your macOS device and now you can freely unblock US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer without any geo-restrictions.
If you have any questions, you can contact us any time via [email protected].