1. Set up our app on your router or computer.
This is a must step to create the US Roku account. Otherwise, you will be able to create only a local Roku account.
2. Create a US account for Roku.
For this, go to the US version of Roku website > Sign in > Create account > in the new window enter your email address and create a password > fill in the PIN to authorize your future purchases in the store > fill in the billing information.
Note: If you fill in the billing information using PayPal, you’ll need to enter a valid US address (just Google it).
3. Reset TCL Roku TV if you’ve previously set up Roku with a local account. The reset of your TCL Roku TV will allow you to unlink from a local account. For this, run TCL Roku TV > home screen > Settings > Factory reset > follow the instructions.
4. Set up KeepSolid SmartDNS at your router (skip if you’ve already done this in step 1) via our KeepSolid SmartDNS manuals for various routers.
5. Activate TCL Roku TV.
For this, turn on TCL Roku TV > go to the official Roku website > Activate the device > fill in the code from your TCL Roku TV screen.
6. Add Roku channels in the following way: run TCL Roku TV > Channel Store > find the needed channel > click Add Channel (if it’s free) or click Buy (if it’s paid).
7. Block Google DNS on your TCL Roku TV.
This step is for those who’ve followed all the aforementioned instructions but still can’t access Netflix, as this means Google DNS was hardcoded into your Netflix app.
Go to our manuals on how to set up our SmartDNS on various routers one more time, choose your router and follow the instructions on how to block Google DNS on your router.
8. Restart TCL Roku TV.
1. Run your TCL Android TV.
2. Go to the Settings.
3. Choose WiFi or Ethernet > the network you are connected to > Advanced options.
4. After the previous step, select IP settings > Static.
5. Now you need to enter an IP from the same IP range as your router has. For this, use your router’s IP but change the last group of numbers (if your router has an IP like 22.214.171.124, you should enter something like 126.96.36.199). At the end of this step, click Next.
6. Enter the IP of your router in the Gateway box > Next.
7. In the Network prefix length field enter 24 > Next.
8. In the DNS 1 window, enter the primary SmartDNS IP address for TCL Android TV (188.8.131.52 - EU DNS or 184.108.40.206 - US DNS) > Next.
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as the primary DNS server for TCL Android TV.
9. In the DNS 2 window, enter the secondary SmartDNS IP address for TCL Android TV (220.127.116.11 - EU DNS or 18.104.22.168 - US DNS) > Next.
Note: You should use the second closest server as the secondary ones for TCL Android TV.
10. Restart your TCL Android TV.
That’s all! You’ve successfully configured KeepSolid SmartDNS on your TCL Smart TV. Now you can freely enjoy US Netflix, HBO Now, Disney+, ITV, Sony Crackle, Rai.TV, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu from anywhere.
If you have any questions, you can contact us via [email protected]. Our team is happy to help you 24/7.