Instead of doing Boxee TV setup, you could configure KeepSolid SmartDNS on your router. See our guides for various routers here. In this case, all devices that are connected to your router (provided they get DNS address from the router using DHCP) will also be using our SmartDNS proxy.
If you cannot access the router you’re connected to, or in case you want to change the DNS settings of your Boxee Box only, follow the Boxee TV setup instructions below.
1. Open your Boxee Box Settings.
2. Navigate to General > Location.
3. Uncheck the option Hide feeds and applications that cannot be played in your location. In case you don’t have it, just skip this step.
4. Return to Settings and proceed to Network > Network.
5. Under the Configure menu, select Manually.
6. Change the DNS address on your Boxee Box to one of KeepSolid SmartDNS server addresses:
European DNS - 188.8.131.52
US DNS - 184.108.40.206
Note: We recommend you to use the DNS server closest to your real location for faster DNS queries on your Boxee Box.
7. When you change Boxee Box DNS address, make sure that IP address, Netmask, and Default gateway remain the same as with Automatic settings.
8. Restart your Boxee Box to apply the changes.
Note: Your IP address should be registered within our system for KeepSolid SmartDNS to operate. So whenever your IP changes, our service will stop working for you. To avoid this, make sure to update your IP address via your User Office or KeepSolid SmartDNS app.
That’s it! Now that you know how to use Boxee Box with KeepSolid SmartDNS, you are all set to unblock whatever content you want. Enjoy unlimited streaming of Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBС iPlayer, US Netflix, and other services no matter where you are.
Have any questions, comments, or want to share any feedback? Just drop an email at [email protected]. We’ll be glad to assist you!