This manual outlines the basic steps for setting up KeepSolid SmartDNS on LG Smart TV. We can’t guarantee smooth work of our service on each LG Smart TV, because of a big variety of LG Smart TV models and region-related hardware limitations.
Important Note Before You Start Changing LG TV DNS Settings
The process of setting up of DNS for LG TV is simple. However, before you start making any changes, you should save your original DNS settings from your LG TV. You’ll need them in case if you want to switch back to the original settings.
To unblock streaming services with our KeepSolid SmartDNS app, you have to register your IP address. Check out how to manage your IP address in the KeepSolid SmartDNS App and your KeepSolid User Office here.
Also, we recommend you to block Google DNS servers (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) on your router, otherwise you may not be able to bypass geo-restrictions and access the desired content.
How to change DNS server on LG Smart TV
- First thing first, you should start your LG Smart TV and click on the Menu button on the TV remote.
- After that, choose Settings on the TV screen > choose All settings.
- Then you should go to the Network and click on WiFi Connections.
- Now click on Advanced WiFi Settings > Edit.
- In the appeared window, you should complete the IP address field with an IP from the same IP range as your router has. In order to do so, you should use your router’s IP but change the last group of numbers. For instance, your router has an IP like 291.279.2.2, you should enter something like 291.279.2.222.
- After that, you should fill in the Subnet Mask field with the mask of your router’s network (usually - 255.255.255.0).
- Then you should fill in the Gateway field with your router’s real IP address.
- And last but certainly not least, you should fill in the DNS server field with the primary SmartDNS IP address for LG Smart TV (188.8.131.52 - EU DNS or 184.108.40.206 - US DNS).
Note: You should use the closest server to your real location as Primary DNS server for LG Smart TV.
- Then click Connect and restart your LG Smart TV!